Friday, December 5, 2008

Sin tetas, hay no pairiso*

*Without boobs, there is no Paradise.

This was actually a name of a popular Colombian soap opera. A young woman tries to get out of poverty by getting implants. I thought it was a catchy title. Before learning Italian, I did attempt to learn Spanish to help Naomi with her classes and also to get around in Spain since we went to places where there was no English spoken. There is a lot of similarity between the two languages and I had to try to erase all the Spanish from my head to learn Italian-the French I know didn't interfere as much.

Anyway, I still have my boobs, such as they are. Each day, the affected one seems to shrink.

Slowly the chemo seems so be affecting me. I am not doing too badly though. Basically I feel like my head is foggy and I have vague burning or itchy sensations in my throat, mouth lining, and urinary tract.

Brenda came over with soups for lunch. After all this is over, I will owe people so much. It is so good to have company though. Josh came over after work to keep me company too. I will have Julia shave my head in about 2 weeks, which is when the hair will fall out. I don't want to go out in public to have my hair cut off as I am afraid I will make a spectacle. Brenda and Jan have offered to help me pick out a wig next week. I keep putting this off.

The bankcard security division Fed-Exed me numerous forms to fill out that needed to be notarized for my identity theft. I still have to check with the Secretary of State to see if this evil impostor actually got a license with her face on it through them.

The bball team didn't get much of a write-up in the paper. Naomi was so sure that Steve would mention her defense.Salem is ranked 8th in the State and Huron 23rd. I guess that will quickly change as we beat them. She has another game tonight. Hopefully I can go to it.

1 comment:

S. F. Heron said...

You know what Sue? You don't need to shave your head - there's no rule. I just let mine fall out and Bill trimmed it to my shoulders to keep it from knotting. I've got these little wispy hairs around my neck that look cut with my hats.

Do what feels good for you - there's no recipe!!

-Sharon

Followers

Blog Archive