Saturday, February 16, 2013

Condensation of a life

The photo on the right is my father who I assume is 12 or so. The statue looked familiar. Yes I took a picture of it myself last March In Concord
 How to spend  a cold Saturday afternoon? Continue to pare down my belongings. I am going through bags and bags of stuff; most is going into the trash. I tackled my letters. Most were sent to me during my first year of college. From the looks of it, I must have received at least 10 a week. Old boyfriends telling me how wonderful I am; girlfriends going on and on about their boyfriends. Do I need this? I am keeping the ones from my brother and from my friend Soulmate. The rest are in the trash bag. I also have bags and bags of school papers; mine and the kids. Most of this is gone now too. Still to be decided: all these silly diaries I kept from age 12 to age 19. Volumes and volumes of self pity. I haven't looked at them since I wrote them. I kept a few of my essays written over the years. Also have school transcripts: not sure I will be needing those anymore. Below is my first semester's bill from UM.
 By the time Shanna went there, the price had gone up 10 fold.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive