Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Nest of Robins

A tree that may in summer wear 
A nest of robins in her hair;
From Joyce Kilmer's  Trees

Mama robin and baby

The 3 babies

Shanna, Tessa and I went to the Farmer's Market this morning to pick up some baskets


During warm weather, the market is open Wednesday and Saturday mornings. I prefer really early Wednesdays. It's a zoo on Saturdays


Cheese market in nearby Kerrytown

Ms. Tess in the courtyard

Interesting ceiling of upscale baby store


Cute gift shop nearby with bubbles coming out of the mailbox which Tess loved

Lots of cute things inside

Waiting for Shanna to pick me and our baskets up. I like the bike rack. One of the baskets is full of lobelia. Hope I don't kill it like I usually do.
Just a few days ago, I had to bundle up for my bike ride because it was 38 degrees at the start. Today I got a late start; mid seventies but it feels much warmer as it is dew point humidity. It sucked my energy away.

My new feeders are seeing some action. The chickadees checked out the finch feeder and decided thistle seed wasn't for them. They did like the conventional seed though.

The Farmer's Market was full of people this morning. Fun to see all the pretty flowers and be with Shanna and Tessa. My patio is starting to look good.

Fun facts: Joyce Kilmer was a man
This nest of robins is on my gutter drain spout
Steve took the robin pictures. If I got close enough with my iphone, daddy robin would have pecked my eyes out

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive