Monday, July 6, 2009

Physicals

Naomi and I had physicals today but with separate doctors. She has outgrown her pediatrician. Her bit of good news for me is her weight (an ever decreasing number). She said the doctor's scale is 5 lbs less than ours so maybe I don't weigh as much as I think. Of course I was weighed today also but I didn't look at the scale.

So I am in good health, except for cancer treatment side effects. He noted my chemo nails. He also said if he were me, he would have opted for the mastectomy. My dentist, who I went to last week, had broken his arm in the same place as I had. He said he couldn't operate as a one handed dentist and they pinned his bone together and he was back to work 3 days later. Why wasn't I given this option? It's not easy being a one armed chemist. It took 3 months for the bone to heal and I was left with a painful, frozen shoulder. It makes me mad that surgery would have sped things up considerably though my dentist still needs PT.

In the paper, one of my favorite restaurants had a special for non-weekend nights for July. We went there last night asking for it. Oh that starts tomorrow! The ad implied it was good for the entire month. After some whining on my part (and no I didn't invoke the cancer card) they gave us a $20 gift certificate.

I looked up Hen and Chick flowers. My hen's erection continues to grow. The wiki entry said it will grow to ten inches, sprout flowers and die. Hens don't blossom until they are 3-4 years old. I had planted it 3 years ago so that explains why I haven't seen it before. I have plenty of chicks so I won't be deprived even with the mother hen's death.

1 comment:

Sara Diana said...

I am glad that you had the guts to challenge the resteraunt, its a bit naughty of them to mislead people.

We all wish we had done something differently at one time or another and the same goes for your arm. Never mind.

Love your flowers x

Followers

Blog Archive