Monday, February 15, 2016

Waiting for dawn



They both look so serious. She's holding one of Shanna's My Little Ponys, a favorite amongst the grandgirls

 
She's finally growing hair.
Valentine's roses from Steve
Back when I was working, all so long ago, I would wake up in the middle of the night and note Yay I still have hours before I have to wake up. I dreaded the morning as I would have to be at work by 7. Now it's the night I dread as I wake frequently. Last night was the worst as I seemed to wake up every hour on the hour. My teeth ache, my mouth is dry...I lull myself to sleep with podcasts of which I hear the first 10 minutes.  I am so happy when it is 6 am and I can be awake and start guzzling coffee.

My potential running path is now covered with snow. As it is much warmer today, the snow is probably quite slippery. Back to the basement walking in figure 8s if the sun doesn't come up and burn a path. I will be happy when the snow is gone.

Three days I have run outside battling windchills of close to zero for the past 2 days. I am gaining my confidence that I won't land face first on the pavement.

Allie at least no longer is afraid of me as I almost look normal (as long as I don't open my mouth). She and her father were over yesterday. A visit from Shanna , Tess, and Daniel the day before.

It is spring break for the kids. I hope to see Maya today. She finally got an invitation for a playdate from one of her classmates, the only other African-American. Hopefully her neighborhood school, which she will go to next year, will be more diverse.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

I hear you on the waking, waking, waking caper.
And gave up and got up at 4.30 this morning.

Followers

Blog Archive