Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Victors

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
The champions of the West!

Yep we won. We did, we did. We are the champions of the West as they say. Why West?  Some geographists put us in the MidWest but if you look at a map, we are not midwest, if anything we are mideast. But the US does not have a MidEast. I like to think we are a Great Lake State. So would be Indiana from whence the Fighting Irish came, Touch down Jesus and all . The Notre Dame commercials sucked big time. Place of dreams? UM's 'victor' commercials were much better..lots of cute kids being victors over crappy things.

Despite its late hour, I did watch the game of my alma mater. Devin rules! I have a little bit of interest in this young man as he seemed to have a crush on my daughter until she pointed out she was a married woman. All communication between them  then stopped. And he is a cutie.. But OMG, what was he thinking running into the endzone and then throwing the ball up to whom,? Crappy Fighting Irish person. The look on his face when he realized what a mess he caused!!! Previous to that, he was very awesome. And he redeemed himself later.

Why do I care? Yeah I want UM to do well. There is a trickle down  thing: when UM does well , so does Ann Arbor.My son just loves UM. He never went there but he loves it all the same. I went there, my father went there, my grandfather went there twice. Even Shanna went there for 2 years before defecting to another school to be with her boyfriend.

 I am finding some limitations for my bicycle app. It sucks up power big time. For my 90 minute ride (21.1 miles), the power went from 100% to 60%. All that GPS searching. Maybe if I put it on airplane mode? If I do a ride of more than 4 hours, I won't have any power left. Maybe a solar charger?

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive