Thursday, October 4, 2012

In one nostril, out the other

Ripe pears: the best fruit in the world

This week's focus in Breast Cancer yoga was breathing. I can't say that this was my favorite class. In one exercise we were to breathe in one nostril and out the other. This helps clear the mind. In another, cooling breaths in which one exhales through ones teeth. In another, exhaling rapidly such that the tummy pushes out.

I do like the class most of the time. I like the gentle stretches and restorative postures. I definitely need to learn to relax as usually my body is tense waiting for whatever is likely to come my way.

It is beautiful out. Shanna's kids will be here shortly and we will go to the park. I went for a long run this morning enjoying the bright , fall colors. Yesterday, after my bike ride, Steve and I went out to lunch and then shopping. I bought two different pierogies at a Polish bakery. Had mushroom/sauerkraut ones fried with mushroom and onions for dinner along with left over cheddar cauliflower.  That enormous head was good for 3 meals. I gave another head to my good friend. It should last her more than a week. I also bought plum pierogies, a new flavor for me.

Next week, Steve and I will go on a minivacation up north to stay in this beautiful log lodge. Kayaks come with the room along with a whirlpool. Steve is not excited about either one but it has been a while since just the two of us has gone anywhere.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive