Sunday, November 2, 2008


As I was feeling dizzy if I have to stand more than a few minutes and I am not sure how I will be up to dealing with the lines Tuesday, I went to vote yesterday. I certainly didn't escape the lines. I stood in line for 10 minutes to put in an application and then waited 20 minutes for the ballot. There were only a few chairs-filled with college students. I sat on the ground but it was very hard to get up without my right arm. Of course helpful people tried to pull me up with that arm....I should have had Steve get the ballot for me. I was (again!!!) feeling sorry for myself but for all I know those healthy looking college students could have heart conditions. And I guess I look healthy and as recently as 4 days ago, could be seen running around the neighborhood.Lots of people there were election inspectors hired at the last minute (I was going to be one...)
It was almost 70 again and we went for a 45 minute walk this time running into Brad and his dogs again. We had finally finished the feast he had prepared. Shanna called. Oliver is doing just fine according to the doctor. She and Ramy decided not to buy that cheap condo in a working class suburb of Boston as the crime rate is 4x what it is in relatively upscale Arlington.

My breast is now green from the bruising and still hurts but the wound seems to be healing fine.
Nervous about my meeting tomorrow with the oncologist but I can always get a new one if I can't stand this one.

1 comment:

S. F. Heron said...

Did the Doc say it's okay to do ice packs, Sue? That was a great comfort to me after my biopsy. Also, I found out a really neat trick to help with bruising on the arms from IVs and such (courtesy of a wonderful PET scan technician). Get a washcloth as hot as your can stand with hot water and place it on your arm. Gently massage the bruised area a few times a day.

Now I never tried that on my boobs but if warmth helps more than cold, I'd give it a try.

Glad you're out walking!!



Blog Archive