The following is a recent review on where treatment stands on treating TNBC and what factors may be targeted in the future. http://www.cancernetwork.com/display/article/10165/1340727?pageNumber=1
The article is 'technical' but is a good review nonetheless.
Its points are that:
1. TNBC is much more deadly that hormone receptor types
2. It responds more to Adriamycin than other types.
3. It relapses more quickly than other types
4. If it doesn't relapse in 3 years, it probably won't
5. It has a different pattern of metastises rarely going to the bone
6. Its incidence is in a different population than most breast cancers
7. There are numerous 'targetable' growth factors in TNBC that are on the verge of being exploited
Right now I am trying to get myself to go out into the cold drizzle and run. Lazy, lazy, lazy.
- ► 2017 (99)
- ► 2016 (199)
- ► 2015 (293)
- ► 2014 (306)
- ► 2013 (300)
- ► 2012 (336)
- ► 2011 (353)
- ► 2010 (365)
- ► 2009 (322)
- Our last fling before chemoland
- If you think breast cancer is a gift, you can't co...
- Are you a survivor or a victim?
- Insurance Hell
- The Mom's group
- Run, run, run..
- Chemo Brain
- Saving my hair
- New Name?
- Scary blog
- Italia redux
- Chemo brain
- The weekend
- Good review article on TNBC
- It could be worse...
- Happy ending cancer story
- The oncologist visit
- triple negative in all senses
- Good news
- ▼ November (27)