Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Moms' X-mas Brunch

The tree with lots of presents
Tess came over to see the Moms. She then went up into our room for some self love

Usually we meet at night but it is getting harder and harder to find a night that works well for 5 people.
What I made:
Bellinis: a mix of Prosecco and peach nectar
Vegetable Frittata: with artichoke hearts, mushrooms, onions, cheddar cheese and roasted peppers
Blackberries marinated in Cointreau
Lobster Bisque: I bought this but added stuff to it to make it to my taste
Big apple baked pancake: sort of like an apple souffle. Note: gala apples are NOT good for cooking
Mini almond croissants

So I probably overdid it. I had planned to make gingerbread waffles with spiced pears. I made some trial ones but they were too cakey. And today, I was running out of time and the apple pancake does not take much effort. As someone brought a gingerbread dessert, it was just as well.
Of course the ladies brought plenty of tasty stuff too: cookies, the raspberry gingerbread confection, lots of fresh fruit, brie en croute with fig butter, feta cheese-fillo appetizers,  wine, a very nice spinach/strawberry/pecan salad that looked especially X-massy.

Lots of good talks and then presents......

Baby boot camp didn't work out so well. Steve was asked this morning to come rescue the Maya tenders so I had Maya to contend with while trying to get things ready. So my master plan of turning my house to a X-mas wonder didn't quite work out. No candles for instance but things went fine anyway.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive