Monday, November 26, 2012

Matzoh ball soup

Steve is Jewish; I am not. Early in our marriage, I decided to cook some of the things he grew up with though I drew a line at gefilte fish and beet borscht. I made him some matzoh balls and served them on a plate. I was then told these things are to be served in soup.

If I make turkey, I end up making broth for matzoh ball soup which was what happened this weekend. I filled a huge cauldron with freshly prepared broth seasoned with dill, sage, carrots, onions and celery with 3 recipes worth of matzoh balls and a half pound of egg noodles. Maya now is a fan of matzoh ball soup.

It was cold today yet calm and dry so off I went on my run. It does make me feel so much better about life. I was so, so lazy yesterday that I didn't even leave the house. My excuse was that I am nursing a cold but it is a very mild one. I did yet another photobook (one more to go before these silly groupon deals expire) and watched TV movies: Tortilla Soup (cute Mexican version of Eat, Drink, Man, Woman) and The Girl, a version of Hitchcock's obsession with Tippi Hendren.

Tonight: BC yoga and a dinner with a friend.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive