Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

A 7 year old's essay. From Passive/aggressive
A bad joke: How do you call a running nun?
On Virgin Mobile
Or maybe it is what do you call a running nun? Same answer.

I did spot my running nun again out in the boonies still dressed in her habit. So I am thankful that today I can resume my longer run without it feeling like a major ordeal. I am thankful I can run at all however slowly. I am thankful that cancer did not return to me or to others in my family. I am thankful for my family, especially the grandchildren. I am thankful for my friends.

Julia cooked Thanksgiving dinner this year. Shanna's family and Naomi's family fit the dinner in between several on their husbands' sides. The boys had fun throwing the ball to Sunny. Maya had fun chasing the boys. Good food..everyone got along. Not sure when we all will be together again.

There is a 2 mile stretch of road near Josh's house: Deer Alley. Although deer/car collisions are down in Michigan this year, not in Scio Township. It is mating season. Not that deer generally look both ways before crossing a road but with them chasing each other, they are more likely to cross. Josh hit one last week. We took another road back as it was the deers 'active time. They are crepuscular.



2 comments:

Teri Bernstein said...

I am heading for my dictionary... between "crepuscular" and my word verification word: "uncestio" I need some info...OK I realize that the word verification word is probably fake.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Crepuscular (hopefully I spelled it right): active only at dawn and dusk
Can't help you with uncestio.

Followers

Blog Archive