- Send their cremains into space through some partnership they have with a rocket company. Their ashes will orbit the earth indefinitely (well Suzie Scientist begs to differ with that). No price offered for that service.
- Convert their cremains into part of an artificial reef.
- Convert their cremains into a diamond-like jewel to be worn as a ring or necklace.
- Dump (not the word they used) their cremains into the ocean. My father had requested that his ashes be spread on Moonlight Beach in CA. This is illegal but my brother arranged for a boat to go out somewhere in the Pacific Ocean outside of San Diego. They gave a certificate with the exact co-rodinates.
- Make an imprint of their fingertip to be worn as a gold medallion.
- At the service, release monarch butterflies at $150/dozen.
- At the service, release doves at $150/piece.
By the time I got home, it was too muggy to run plus difficult after an Indian lunch. Maya was with us for a while. She is becoming much more expressive. Still not as smily as I remember my babies being. I am lucky to elicit one smile a visit.