Sunday, June 29, 2014

The offer

We went for a drive yesterday to look at the yaks

Mom and baby
We are in the middle of putting an offer for the house. We had an appointment to see the inside. The kitchen looked much nicer than the photos, beautiful yard, living room, and master suite. I could see us living there. The upstairs had not been updated and the gardens could use some work. But actually the house would be a good investment and it is move-in ready. There is an offer already on the table but the sellers were willing to wait to see what we came up with. For one thing, they have to move pretty much immediately and we can close early.If we offered full price, we'd get it for sure but I am betting that our offer will still be good enough. If not, well too bad. I can live with that given my mixed feelings about the situation. To make things even more stressful, two of the kids were badgering us to make a full offer. I guess they are afraid that we will just continue to live in our embarrassing-to-them house if the offer falls through. Fortunately Steve was on the same page as me.

The worst was when we had the realtor come to see what we need to do to put our house on the market. A lot and though that is no surprise, it will be a pain to go through it even though we won't be in the house while it's being done. And of course my feelings were hurt.


I did get a nice bike ride in before the rain. I think my new odometer reads low compared to the old one that matched the gps on the cell phone perfectly. I will need to calibrate it against the gps at some point. I am thinking it is 3% off.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Love the yaks.
Good luck at this very stressful time. Take time out for you.


Blog Archive