Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Contingent recommendations

View outside window
What is this? Green soap. apparently the middles of soap get thrown away thus less waste with this bar and more eco friendly
Downtown Saugatuck at night
Art work in our bathroom. The whole house is covered with original artwork
Our room named Chicks at the Beach is very cute


So Steve and I are on our get away before my slicing and dicing in the gay friendly artist colony Saugatuck in the western part of the state. In general this neck of the woods is ultra conservative with blue laws still in place so this town and the its sister town Douglas are anomalies.  It is full of cute art shops and nice restaurants.  Unfortunately despite the sunny weather we left, it is cloudy and cold so our planned beach walks will be short. I did buy a few gifts and found many things I would like to buy. 
Before the B&B owner would give us restaurant recommendations, she asked what town we lived in.  We said Ann Arbor.  she then recommended the most expensive place in town. now if we had said what our mailing address was, would she given a cheaper alternative?We do still pay Ann Arbor taxes but our bizarre mailing address devalues our house considerably though I guess we could not have afforded it with the precious Ann Arbor address. 
It is the middle of the night and I can't sleep. I should have located my headphones before I fell asleep.  I am in the prettily decorated living room downstairs    I am using the Blogger app which is not easy to use. I will edit when I am on a real computer

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I hope your mini vacation is wonderful.

Holly said...

Looks like a place I would like to visit! Thinking of you as the slicing and dicing approaches and hoping that all goes smoothly and recovery is quick.

Lots of love,
-Holly

Followers

Blog Archive