Saturday, September 5, 2015

Running to improve memory

From Passive/Aggressive: If it is hot out, why would people wear socks and then store money in them? What happens if you just have sweaty palms?




A pretty barn I bike by

Moss roses and bloom from a plant whose escapes me
Some of my sunflowers have just one big head. This one has multiple heads. How to depollinate these? I've brought some inside only to have a big mess. Lilies are easy to remove the stamens from These have lots of microstamens
lots of impatiens all over the place
orchid is finally blooming again

Running apparently does more than build stamina, reduce weight(except for me!), improve the cardiovascular system and improve mood. Recent studies show that it stimulates the growth of neurons in the hippocampus, the area responsible for maintaining memories. It was previously thought that we are born with all the neurons we are going to have, which for the most part, is true except in a small section of the hippocampus.
 
Still steamy out.  I amused myself fertilizing my flowers. Sadly my garden does not look so nice. The blazing stars are now black stalks; the coneflowers look similarly ghastly. More mums are blooming and I still have my annuals.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

I suspect that you will have to wear the pollen from the sunflowers. Perhaps give them a good shake before you bring them in?
I don't want to think about watching people hauling money out of their bra...

Followers

Blog Archive