Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Shop 'til I drop

This hand hammered aluminum dish I bought at a consignment shop

lunch: chicken and waffles

Love these Edison lights at our lunch restaurant

Yesterday, my glass cutting board made from one of our Italian trip photos came. I am very happy with it. This matches my kitchen. I have a similar photo in green I will use to make another one

I had several decorative switchplates back at the old house. This one now is in our master bedroom

Another consignment shop special: German cut glass. It is so pretty
Todays mission: buy a suitable dress for the Hollywood wedding next month. Number of dresses tried on: Miracle of Miracles!!!! just one. And I had tried it on last summer when we were shopping for the mother-of -the groom dress. I had selected it for her but it wasn't her style so I tried it on instead and loved it. It was still there and now it is  mine. Photos after the wedding.

We ended up being there most of the day jewelry shopping, consignment store shopping, lunch eating. It was a very pretty day. In one store, they had taken old Scrabble sets, stained the wood racks various colors and then glued tiles to spell names or sayings. I have a few old scrabble sets, another project for me.

On the way home, we stopped by a park that Josh and Allie were at. Again he had no sun screen.

I got out extra early to run before my friend showed up. I love spring.
 

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love your cutting board.
Fortunately shopping is not one of my obsessions. Apart from books and plants my sales resistence is strong.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

I don't often shop. I don't think I bought any clothes for myself since last fall (sort of reluctant to as I always hope I will be smaller and if I let the plastic surgeon even up my cancer damage, things will fit differently) but sometimes it is fun. I am a sucker for making things from our photos to hang on the wall.

Followers

Blog Archive