Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Cancer Card..

is still accepted in some places even after almost 3 years since diagnosis.

Cases in point: yesterday my LiveStrong alumni class to continue to strengthen what was lost during treatment.
Later, my Cooking for Survivors at the Cancer Community...I forgot their new name. And today at the Art Fair where I visited a booth where I had  bought a beautiful silk top to wear on the day that I retired the wig once and for all 2 years ago. I bought a  peach silk scarf today (pictures someday when I am not so tired) and Debbi gave me the Cancer survivor discount. Her family has been touched (if that isn't an understatement) by cancer too.

And it was so, so hot..with heat indices over 112. After a while, I couldn't take it any more even though it was so much fun to see everything.

How hot?
From my friend jp

3 comments:

Teri Bernstein said...

So: I can't wait to see what you bought...and what dress you decided to wear to the wedding. what is the color scheme for Naomi and Don'tae ???? And Maya...for that matter...do you need someone to be the designated Maya-sitter???

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

The color scheme is ..wisteria. The bridesmaids will be wearing that color. I am still waiting on my dress to come in which is mainly lilac with a green top..the first one pictured in my blog "Say Yes to the Dress".

We will not have oleander in our bouquets..

Cheryl said...

Lilac is my new 'favourite' colour Sue. So looking forward to seeing the photos.
The 'cancer card' is something we seem to have need to use from time to time.
Do hope your weather cools quickly.

Followers

Blog Archive