Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Surviving winter



Early morning frost and sun

Frost on the chestnut tree. Chestnuts were quickly harvested by our pair of pesky squirrels
Yep I should be taking the trees down But some of the ornaments are so pretty, I don't feel like boxing them away such as my handblown glass pear. Looks pretty when the afternoon sun makes it sparkle

This is not my favorite time of year. I love to be outside but not when it is so cold. The other day, just as I as preparing to go out for a walk, heavy snow squalls developed covering the streets with slippery snow. I ended up walking in the basement (larger than our house) back and forth in boring circles though I have my podcasts to listen to. Out again on the dirt roads yesterday.
 
So what have I been doing other than chasing squirrels away? Not much yet I feel busy. Yesterday I spent a good portion of the day helping Naomi with an on-line class. Today I go very early to watch Maya before taking her to school, then visit a friend, then drive to the opposite end of the county to fix my hair. Tomorrow we are having a Mom's group. Yep on a Thursday. Our conflicting schedules made weekends impossible for a while. Friday, Steve and I go to a concert compliments of Shanna. And then I should resume vacation planning and then leave hopefully to a place warmer and greener.

I am still healing. It's been over a month since I had the ladies fixed. The wounds aren't completely healed but feeling is coming back and they are becoming more flesh colored. I will resume running next week.
 
 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive