Thursday, March 6, 2014

Minitorts

Today would have been my mom's 87th birthday
Minitorts are not some misspelled sweet little things but a provision in Michigan law to recover the deductible in accidents that were not one's fault. An elderly man plowed into Naomi 7 weeks ago. It has been a long road. The car fixed; the repair shop paid but we are waiting on a $1000 check. Our insurance company claimed to have filed one on our behalf, just wait for the check. After a long wait, I called to see what's up. The other company never heard of the claim. At best, our company faxed the paperwork to a random number. I have since provided her with the correct number and could she please send the info to this number and this person? No reply and she doesn't work again until Monday. I had wanted to sort this out before we left but now see that as impossible. I was on the phone for more than an hour yesterday. I see I have my work cut out for me after my Y class.

We obviously need a better company. The plaintiff's insurance company will match the premium only if we agreed to put spy cameras on board. Two of our cars actually have these as part of an UM research project but the info presumably will not be used against us .

It will actually be almost the average temperature tomorrow. Such warmth!! Above freezing!!!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive