Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Shutting down the shrine

Josh's old room: the only room, aside from the bathrooms, where we have not painted. Still has the original wallpaper and wainscoting. The other 3 bedrooms have each been painted at least twice. Still the same trundle bed he has had since he left the crib. The shelves are loaded with sports equipment. Still has his plastic sword over his bed. He used to sleep with his 'weapons'. I did take down the teddy bed frieze I had when he was a toddler.

I put Naomi's trophies up there too

Lots of basketball posters  and craft projects on the shelves
Monday the realtor comes to assess the house and give us advice on what needs to be done. I am not looking forward to this. I painfully remember when we put our last house on the market. The realtor had brutally dismissed my decorating attempts as 'average' ( I had everything redone shortly before we decided the house was too small to live in) when I thought some of the rooms were especially cute.

When Josh left for college, he requested 'his' room be left as it was. It provided him some degree of comfort. I put Naomi's sports stuff in there too but I was not to take anything out. I don't think I will find a buyer willing to keep all his stuff there and give visiting privileges. This week he was to take everything he wanted to his new house (with its huge basement). He did come over today but did not start the clean-up much to my disappointment. He promised to return without Allie later in the week.

Cold today and even colder tomorrow. But as long as the streets are ice-free, I am happy. I can always wear more clothes.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Good luck.
In this incredibly stressful time, remember to do some things for you. Things to give you pleasure.

Followers

Blog Archive