|Nerdy Sue on Sugar, the Palomino, my mother's cousin had. Note cool shirt I sewed myself and wingtip glasses. I think I am 12|
- Sew my own clothes. I did this out of necessity as a kid with results such as above. I did make a pretty quilt for Josh right before he was born but as an adult, I don't wear my creations
- Use a mangle. This device was in our basement in New York, useful for ironing sheets(!!?!). Also I rarely iron anything and never sheets.
- Use a washer with a wringer on top. Also in our basement in New York. Both devices did not make the move to Michigan. I think I was allowed to feed the wet clothes into it..sort of fun.
- Darn socks. My mother would stretch the holey sock over a light bulb and carefully weave embroidery floss over the hole. I did this under duress as a kid.
- Patch clothes. Maybe I will sew on a missing button..
- Can food with a pressure cooker. I did have to help a lot as a kid, both picking and preparing the fruit and vegetables for either canning in mason jars or freezing. Now I have picked blueberries and raspberries for freezing.
- Make jam. I helped a lot with this. I especially liked pouring hot paraffin over the jam and playing with that.
- Making Junket...funky rennet based dessert. Easy to digest because it was already digested by bovine enymes
After 2 months, my X-mas tree is finally packed away.