Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Prowler

The Prowler is the brand name for the bicycle trailer I bought last year to haul my grandchildren around. Theoretically, I could haul two but I have only one child size helmet and only so much strength. Oliver especially seemed much heavier this afternoon. It was also quite hot and humid. Naomi had some medical issues to attend to this morning so we had Maya again. Hard to fit in my workout but I did despite the heat and humidity. Then Shanna's babies came for the afternoon.

Last year Daniel and I would always go to a playground but school is still in session so he was disappointed we didn't have that alone time together. I gave the boys rides separately. It should be good strength training. Shanna had some house issues to address and took Tessa with her. The boys and I went to a playground and had a good time. I did try to take their pictures but they would not hold still, not even Daniel.

Ah so much stuff needs to be done around here yet I can't even begin. I did finally get around to looking at the brochure for my Pennsylvania ride.  On one day, we go through three long unlit tunnels, one is 1000 feet long. Do I find some riders with a headlight to follow?  Do I hold my iPhone flashlight in my teeth as I ride? We cross something known as the Eastern Continental Divide at 2300 feet and then drop 1200 feet or more into Maryland in 20 miles. We do have the option that day to tackle the highest point in PA. No to that.

2 comments:

Teri Bernstein said...

Will you be posting during the ride, or will be have to wait until the end of the week to see what's up?

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

I probably won't be able to post. Too afraid to lug my iPad around and these campsites probably don't have wifi anyway.

Followers

Blog Archive