Friday, April 21, 2017

Another year...

lots of pretty tulips downtown. I guess they don't have hungry rabbits like I do
Where we had a birthday lunch. Although I had a sensible salad, for dessert (don't have much of that these days) I had a chocolate, hazelnut flourless torte. Yummy!
An elephant doll for my folk art wall
birthday solar peacock

How old do you feel? I feel that I am somewhere in my forties but the calendar says otherwise. And I am not fooling anyone such as the bus driver at the Grand Canyon who shooed the young dudes out of the senior seats so we could sit down there even though we already had a seat. Maybe he saw Steve's white beard...
Sometimes people ask me why I am not working when they run into me mid day and I say I am retired and then they say, but you're too young..

It has been ten years since we were told that our place would be shut down by the end of the year. We still had a child in high school.

A very cold and cloudy birthday. I got lots of nice messages and phone calls today plus some lunches this week and next.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Happy birthday.
Love your peacock - and enjoy your lunches.

Followers

Blog Archive