Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thrift store shopping

As her mother didn't check the school calendar versus her work schedule, we had Maya today. Wednesday is 'senior' day at the thrift stores. She came with and was allowed to select one fancy dress. In the background, is a lamp and table I had gotten last spring at a resale shop
this dress barely fit her. I am re there aren't many her height that are so thin
X-mas stuff was 75% off. These figures are now standing high above my cabinets
behind my new plate is a Thanksgiving cactus about to bloom

Fortunately they were wrong about the lows and how soon the freezing rain came. One could find me out before dawn running before the rain hit this morning. As the sun came up, the sky turned bright orange. I don't run with a camera unless I am out of town. Just as I was finishing, the rain started. Eight  hours later, it is still coming down but fortunately it is too warm for snow and ice. Where we were just 2 weeks ago  in upstate New York is now blanketed with  almost 2 feet of snow.  I can't wait for spring!

I will harvest my Brussels sprout crop tomorrow. Rain and Maya stopped me today. Thanksgiving will be at Shanna's along with 30 people. Naomi will return tonight to make ambrosia and candied yams; I will make green bean casserole and the sprouts.

Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! We are hosting Thanksgiving at a restaurant. Not the same as a home cooked dinner but we will all be together. Kris

Followers

Blog Archive