Monday, November 28, 2022

The Wachau Valley

 After MElk and lunch, we sailed through the Wachau valley through vineyards, castles and apricot groves.  It was warm enough to go on the top deck. Then we were served Apple strudel and we landed in Krems. We had been there before and we made a beeline to a liquor distillery where I bought stuff before. It was Saturday and the place was closed. There was a sign saying where we could go get their products but no map and I didn’t want to use my data. I met a friendly lady who said the place I wanted was dreissig minuten away

  Too far but then she showed us a different place on her phone that was closer.  So I had to speak my toddler German which I ended up needing on several occasions We did find the store as it was getting dark. The stuff was more expensive  Later I discovered that both times we went to Krems,  we missed the center of the city. There was a shuttle that would take us there but too dark and late

Our walk back to the ship
Modern building in Krems
Kind lady let me take a photo of her phone.  
Afternoon ride through the valley 


Lots of vineyards 



Krems






The place that sold our apricot cream liquor at a markup. It was quite the hub of activity 

The branches indicate homemade wine or schnapps and that you are welcome to come in

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive