Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holiday Gatherings



I went to the neighborhood tea yesterday. It was good to see moms that I've known since the boys were in kindergarten. They seemed surprised that I appear so healthy but many of them see me run.

I wish the city would go back to salting tertiary roads. Aside from it impacting my running, it is dangerous. Several people reported sliding into the main road from our neighborhood streets.
They did plow a path along the river where Josh and I walked Sunny yesterday and I returned to run on it today though today, it had a dusting of new slippery snow,

We went to see the IMAX 3D version of Avatar. Predictable story but stellar special effects.
Later I went for Korean BBQ with my old labmates cooking on a hibachi that came out of the table. It was fun and good company.

Our phone is out of order but our DSL works. Argh! So if I don't appear to be answering my phone, call my cell.

Shanna et al is slowing inching her way on Rte 90 as I type. She will drive all night if she has the energy so they might be here real early tomorrow morning. Such a long drive with 2 little babies but they are hoping for the kids to sleep. We used to drive overnight to NYC when the older kids were toddlers so that Josh would sleep (Shanna usually wasn't much of a problem.

3 comments:

S. F. Heron said...

I still like to drive at night with my kids. The potty stops happen every 45 minutes if we don't!

:)

Teri Bernstein said...

Merry Xmas! I know you will feel better when Shanna and family are safe and sound in Michigan.

Sara Diana said...

It will be a great relief when Shanna arrives with you. The ice has put a stop to my running too, I am so worried about slipping and causing myself even more injuries! And you are right about people being surprised that you look well after cancer!!!!!

Followers

Blog Archive