Thursday, August 9, 2018

Summer time



swallowtail butterfly on butterfly bush. I used to grow dill right next to this. Swallowtail larvae feed on the dill family plant but the drought got to my dill first


art purchase..so it's just an IKEA print but I like it anyway

hand tinted photograph Hard to get it reflection free

beautiful hand blown vase

rain was promised everyday this week but in general, the rain is a no show. It did rain for 5 minutes while the sun was out. note rainbow


zinnia close up


My favorite time of the day is early morning after I finished exercising. I stretch out on my cabana with my cup of coffee and watch the hummingbirds flit from flower to feeder. I now have 5 feeders but they still fight over them. I have my waterfall running and I am surrounded by my flowers though now my cosmos have some kind of disease. 

This summer has been so hot. If I sweat too much, the controls of my iwatch become impossible to operate. This didn't even happen at all last summer though it did when I ran in the heat of Costa Rica. The days are getting shorter so I leave before the sun comes up with my flashing lights on. A man returns from his even earlier bike ride equipped with a bright flood light  just as I am going out. He must be one of the new neighbors.

I've been seeing friends and keeping myself amused. We got to a winery Saturday.  The lazy days of summer.

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

LOVE that handblown glass.
And the flutterby and the zinnia.
Enjoy what is left of summer.

Anonymous said...

Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it out.

Followers

Blog Archive