Monday, August 6, 2018

Pig roast

Someone gave me several hibiscus in my cooking class 3 years ago. One thrived and is covered in blossoms now

the sky this morning. I was finished with my un already, mostly in the dark, trying to escape the heat. Warmest morning yet though it isn't really hot now

Josh sent me this photo of Hannah

Both he and Hannah are 19 months here  He has a lot more hair but they are very similar

My friend likes to grow hops. He offered one of the plants but I don't have a suitable trellis

Every year the man who I attempted to bike from Pittsburgh to Washington DC has a pig roast. I miss a lot of them as they are 2 hours away or the timing is wrong but as he is moving away for a while, I decided to at least say goodbye.  Several of my former co-workers show up too so it is fun to see them. A couple who I worked with want to join us in 3 years when we try the bike ride again, hopefully not in monsoon season, the more the merrier.

What a difference being on the west side of the state is! Everything is all green whereas we are in a drought. Stories about how the overflowing Kalamazoo River messed up their commutes. We have had one good rain in the past month. The one forecasted today seems to be fizzling out yet again.

Many chemists like to try to brew beer and my friend is no exception but with his move, no home brew. He had an assortment of tasty Michigan brews to sample.

I was glad I went.

Arg this heat! I've been doing a lot of biking instead.

Last year I found a half grown raccoon swinging on my suet feeder. He is back but now is huge. If I don't take it down plus the hummingbird feeder, he bangs against the window. Hard to scare him off.

Tonight I will finish the rest of the Handmaid's Tale

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

That hibiscus is lovely.
Has Hannah warmed to you yet? I hope so.
Still in drought here. And it is predicted to continue into our warmer months.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Gradually she is tolerating me more

Followers

Blog Archive