Saturday, November 20, 2021

Steve's cruise photos

 I only had my iPhone with me although it keeps getting better and better with each new model. It has a weak zoom and fisheye but a 'real' camera will have better lenses. Steve occasionally used his phone but for the most part, took photos, hundreds of them, with the real camera, Below are my favorites.

Organ in Gottweig Abbey
Linz bridge
Parliament building Budapest In one of our bookings, we were going to stay in a hotel 3 days before the cruise. This would have been our view. Some how we lost out on that during the rebooking process which still pisses me off
At night
Flying over Paris
Wachau valley village
Castle close up
another village
me at Breakfast
Furry blankets for Bratislava cafe
Krems church with fall colored vine
Gottwig Abbey wall I especially liked the vegetation colors
our boat parked next to another in Linz
Inside St Stephans in Budapest
Lizst gave a concert at this concert hall in Bratislava (called Pressberg when Austria owned it, when he was only 9
The Lentes (Latin for Linz) art musuem. I had taken a side photo and one at night (it is all red)but I like Steve's photo better
Main square in Linz where Hitler announced the succession of Austria to the Reich to throngs of cheering Linzers who by the way still (some of them, not all) have their Nazi ways. As many refuse to be vaccinated, this area is currently being locked down. I guess we are lucky we were not there now though Michigan is a hot covid spot
Budapest

We went through many locks  Steve had never been in one before and took plenty of photos. When I took that bike/barge trip 2 years ago, we went through a lot of locks. I think the first locks I ever was in  were the Soo Locks though I might have been in m outside of Buffalo


2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

He took some wonderful photos.
I am always several iterations behind the latest iphone and struggle with their camera.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

I use his camera for the birds that come to our feeders. Not as easy as an iphone where everything is automatic but I really need the telephoto lens

Followers

Blog Archive