Friday, August 2, 2019

recovery

A good portion of my day is spent yelling at rodents.  This little bugger, fortunately rare around here is a red squirrel. Half the size but twice as annoying as the more common fox squirrel. He can not be scared

Naomi with her black and blue hair. Wish she'd go back to her natural red


glads all over  

black eyed susan and one of the many varieties of day lilies I have

Kaya at 9 weeks came home to Josh's

Naomi and I and Kaya

Northern sky the other night

dahlias darling

mish mosh in the front garden

butterfly plant

lots of hydrangea blooms this year

one of 3 hand blown sun catchers

I was dreading this surgery as I hate pain and being relatively inactive. Although I  am too afraid to hop on  the scale, my appetite has been poor so hopefully if I gain anything, it wont be much I have been able to bike 120 miles this week and today lift weights although only a small fraction of the usual workout.  Still battling the insurance company just to pay for my consultation 4 months ago. Can't wait for the big bills to come in. It is a relief not to worry about ovarian cancer though.  

I still get tired way too easily and feel foggy headed even though I haven't had narcotics in a week. Now I need to stop ibuprofen as my stomach feels all eroded. The pain is less but if I move a certain way,ouch. I drank too much wine the other night. It was if I never had it before and I ended up very ill.

Although I had some visitors, I feel sort of isolated. My nieces sent me separately much appreciated goodies.  I  have done some gardening and going through my German lessons much easier than the Dutch lessons. I've been picking my vegetables but don't have enough energy to prepare them. Hopefully this too shall pass.

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love the beauty which surrounds you.
Cut yourself some slack. It was a major operation and general anaesthetics do seem to take some time to recover from.
I hope your healing continues - and even speeds up.

Anonymous said...

Came across Rhubarb liqueur..https://reykjavikdistillery.is/
Thought of you, probably could make your own?
Kris

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

They had some rhubarb liqueur in the Brussels airport duty free. I would have bought it if I had known I wouldn't need to have my carryons inspected in the Amsterdam airport. I thought I'd do some last minute shopping at the Amsterdam airport but instead was running full speed to catch my plane. Maybe in the Munich airport? But then I would need to pack it in my suitcase as I enter the US in Atlanta

Aperol, which I love, is a heady mix of bitter orange and rhubarb.

EC I love the summer flowers I spend lots of time on my patio surrounded by them

Followers

Blog Archive