Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The Winter of my Discontent

My friend's photo of St. Thomas in Ann Arbor

What is this? A metal with rice paper sculpture? I can hang light objects on it (and lights) Not sure if this is the place for it but I wanted it

My friend's photo

Josh's girls and Maya and I met up at an indoor playground Sunday

Me in my Escada coat. It is probably close to 30 years old Still researching. On my feet are new shoes usually selling for $190. My price: $4

New bird here: red breasted nuthatch  My usual white breasted ones are MIA

the girls  Hannah is back to keeping her distance from me but she loves Maya

this morning  Pretty but annoying Will melt soon



My friend and an interesting worker at the good resale. He helped me yesterday with my Escada purchase. There is another coat there in eggplant that looks good on me...How many designer coats do I need?

No warm days in sight. I need it to be in the 40s to bicycle semi-comfortably preferably without gale force winds. I can go short distances in the 30s before frostbite starts setting in. For now I have the elliptical trainer and my weights in the basement. Both are boring. And I can run outside as long as things aren't covered with ice. With my geezer insurance, a gym membership is included, all which are quite far away. I hate running on treadmills. EMU's gym is covered with its running track and whirlpool but parking would be a problem. The best gym would be the community college's .

Now that I am not entertaining, I'm trying to organize stuff here. Did part of my closet yesterday.  had tried to give my friend who has similar tastes and the same height some of my clothes but she had limited space. As it was, she had extra clothes stuffed in her pants. But I moved everything that is too big for me out of my closet. Hopefully I will never need any of it again. I  keep thinking of my weight as a giant spring that if I let go for a second, it will all come back at once. It's been more than 2 years since I tackled this. I am 2-3 pounds higher than my absolute lowest but I think I am firmer now. So far so good.

What's on my plate? Researching unpleasant options. Burying my head in the sand seems easiest.Also I am obliged to tell certain people that MAY be effected. Not fun.

My friend of the many health issues can no longer walk so her friends are taking shifts. Doing this Friday. And a cooking class for me tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the structure of your blog?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.

But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two pictures.
Maybe you could space it out better?

Anonymous said...

Hi there to all, the contents existing at this web page are actually remarkable for people knowledge, well, keep up
the good work fellows.

Followers

Blog Archive