Saturday, November 3, 2018

Skeletons

Shanna's boys and a friend

the whole town of Northville is decorated with skeltons




this was my favorite

lots of elaborate pumpkins. I liked this one though

Even the little ones got dressed

I took Tessa and Maya out

the gates of hell

lots of fancy scary effects


Josh's girls



I ran early Halloween morning in the drizzle once the lightning stopped. By evening, it was ideal for trick or treating. Fairly warm and dry. During the day, my friend and I visited my favorite resale store in Northville and then admired all the Halloween displays before having a good Italian lunch. I seem to be in the middle of Northville, Plymouth and Ann Arbor.

I picked up a very excited Maya at her after school care. She couldn't wait to get into her costume which was a character from the Disney movie The Descendants. She said Halloween is her favorite holiday besides pajama day. Shanna's neighborhood has houses on small lots but lots of communal parkland. Most houses contain school age kids and everyone decorates their house, some with laser light shows and holograms. Most home owners just sit on their porches to hand out candy or combine forces with their neighbors. And the streets are crowded with neighborhood kids and even more from other neighborhoods.

Shanna and I started out with five kids, hers, Maya and Daniel's friend. This friend and Maya kept sprinting ahead at top speed. We split the kids up: she had the boys and I had the girls. Eventually Naomi got out of work and found us. The girls didn't like the chainsaw guy who chased kids  or Mike Meyers and his club. It didn't take long for Tessa's bag becoming too heavy for her to carry. We had an auxiliary bag for Maya to dump her 2 quart size pumpkin into. Lots and lots of candy.  I was good though. A home owner left a bucket of bite sized Heath bars for all to grab. These were my favorite as a kid. I didn't think they made them anymore. Alas, not as good as I remember. Maya reluctantly shared an Almond Joy with me. I reminded her that she didn't even like coconut but now she says she does so no more Almond Joys for me. It was a fun night.

Due to  recent disclosures, I've been too upset to eat. I feel queasy which could be a sign of disease but most likely, nerves. Lots of things to find out.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

I am sorry that life has been difficult, and glad that you found at least a little fun.

Followers

Blog Archive