Sunday, November 11, 2018

Old friends

Josh and daughter

Maya

The Moms and I went to a play the other night. One of them provided dinner and this tasty bourbon cream

I got all dressed up

A childhood friend came  to stay for a few days. Another friend from cross state visited for a day

much to my southern friend's delight, the first snow came here. These are her photos of my sad lawn
We went exploring. She loved my resale places. This is her in the middle of The Wave Field

we went to Graffiti Alley

She got that hat in a resale shop here

UM students

UM utility box

100 year old Nicols Arcade 


The kids provided us with a spray can  I am photographing our handy work

me
I have had some welcome distractions from the scary news I have been receiving over the past few weeks. Much to everyone's surprise, my news was only coincidental to some other extremely upsetting news though that will be shortly confirmed. Again, I can blog about my travails but not when it involves others. Lots of upsetting news

Election day left me hopeful as more and more people are fed up with the tyrant in the White House especially in our state. The good people won here. Our area uses the local schools for voting. Some idiots insist on carrying weapons openly into schools though I think our school system had that barred. But kids and guns should not mix so they close the schools down thus we had Maya to entertain. We over 60 folks can vote ahead of time which I did last week.

My friend from elementary school flew in to stay for a few days. I haven't seen her in 15 years though we are in contact. A pair of bluebirds came to visit my yard a few times but I've been too slow to photograph them or the lone buck that walked across yesterday. I've had herd of deer come through but I don't see bucks often. We had fun going to resale shops where I bought even more stuff and going through my closets for stuff that she might want to wear. She could fit into my old pants but only a few tops but I'm glad that at least some of my clothes have a new home.

She had wanted to see fall colors. That would have been fine last month though this was a sucky color year. And now my gardens are so sad looking. Months ago the Moms and I arranged to go to a local play when it turned out, this week was the only time my friend could leave work. I tried in vain to get an extra ticket so instead I arranged for another friend from 150 miles away to stay with her. Not easy to schedule that either as she just had surgery that would make her trip difficult but at least all worked out and all had fun. And I had a good time with the Moms at our dinner and the play.

Now to make up for the exercise I didn't get while having guests.

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am sorry to read that the scary times continue. Holding you in my thoughts. And hooray for distractions.

Kat&Chris said...

It is nice to see some of the old places again. The photos of Nichols Arcade and downtown, the wave field take me right back to nice times of working and being in A2.
Enjoy your friends and fun. My best wishes for you on dealing with the scary and not in your control issues.
Kathy

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Thanks EC.

Would love for you to come back and see me in Ann Arbor Kathy.

Followers

Blog Archive