Monday, May 28, 2018

triple massage

We got to sit outside this time. Steve's brother is to the far left. He looks a lot like Steve. All this going out was not good for keeping thin so I didn't go out some of the times. I have more control in my own home
Steve's brother and sister stayed with us last week. My daughter looks more like her aunt than her mother

We went for a walk in the Arb, too early for the peonies, mountain laurel and rhododendrons but they did have this unusual dogwood

grandkids enjoying the cabana


Hannah loves the police car

The Moms went to a wine tasting out in the Irish Hills. My in-laws were invited but became too ill to go there. It was in an old school house, this view being the bell tower

The Moms and some husbands. Not sure what is going on with my hair here. They had live music which was fun. We narrowly missed being drenched in thunderstorms which bypassed our house

on my ride along the river this morning. If I took a photo on my ride yesterday, it would be all white as it was extremely foggy. I had flashing lights all over me so not to get run over

Tuesday morning found me in a massage chair with one man massaging my legs and feet, another massaging my hands and the chair doing the rest, thus, triple massage. I returned to this place which I had quit because it was busy and more expensive for a place marginally closer but the last mani/pedi I got was so awful administered by a bored dude who wouldn't help me pick up my things thus ruining my nails and raised their prices 30% suddenly, I went back. The owner seemed happy to see me and arranged for my special treatment. Also it is in an Indian strip mall (Curry pizza anyone?) and I needed supplies from the Indian grocer for my butter shrimp I was cooking for everyone that night.

So our guests left yesterday. Our house was full of our kids and our grandkids, quite chaotic at times. Some drama per usual and lots of time on my part preparing food and cleaning up. We had nice weather conducive to walks and being outside before the heat wave started Sunday. It is 95 and humid as I type this and expected to go higher. I've been bicycling instead of running trying to get out as early as safely possible plus soon I leave on my big bike trip so that will help. Need to iron out lots of details before that starts but at least my body is prepared.

Just two weeks ago, I was bundled up for my long training ride in cold drizzle. How things have changed! My plants are growing quickly as are the weeds which I still have yet to control. I was out there after my exercise today but the heat got to me. Out in the country, all is so fragrant with the honeysuckle, wild phlox and apple blossoms in bloom. Coupled with the heat and humidity, the air is quite floral. When I got up early one morning, a herd of deer was in our yard trimming the long grass under the trees. The fog was dense on my bike ride, I couldn't see the deer that jumped in front of me except its white flag of a tail.

It was clearer this morning. The sun was just rising and lit up some male turkeys whose feathers glistened in the golden light. Yeah I should have stopped but experience shows that as  soon as I do, they scatter

As I recently got on Medicare, all my health plans have changed. I needed more drugs.  I have to use a mail order place now which said it would contact my doctor to get the refill. I waited and waited for these things to be mailed. I finally called to see what's up, a 2 hour process. They left messages for the doctor which were never returned. Couldn't they tell me that? I called the  doctor's office. They say their policy (this is a new doctor for me) is that they don't speak to pharmacies yet no one bothered to tell me. I got them to fax a refill to the pharmacy and got the drug 5 days later. As I have no thyroid gland, I need Synthroid. I don't look forward to having to beg for it every 3 months

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Sigh on the doctor/medication malarky.
Goodness you are busy. I suspect a week of your life would have me lying down in a darkened room to recover.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

I get a break for a while when I return from my bike ride

Followers

Blog Archive