Friday, January 5, 2018

Cyclone bomb

They have since refurbished the artsy theater . Now divided into 4 mini theaters with the downstairs being a store. I remember it as a kid when it was full size
We had her for a good portion of this week

too much time on my hands?




my art museum party centerpiece starting to bloom with the smallest blossoms ever

bought more art glass

my friend just gave me the large potpourri holder that I put way on top of my cupboards

The weather people seem to be making up new terms each year. Two years ago, all of a sudden we were having polar vortices. Now a cyclone bomb though technically not us, just the east coast with the epicenter in Boston. Still the weather sucks here. Today's high: 6 degrees. Even colder tomorrow but with less wind so maybe, maybe I will run outside.

My dreams of having a fancy gym to workout in this month were dashed yesterday when they took my free month away saying I didn't qualify because I used the gym once before. Hardly seems fair. They did let me stay yesterday so I got a full workout and then some. I have since sicced the woman on them who had given me the pass. She is very forceful so I think there is a chance I will get that pass back. Meanwhile, I could use Steve's barebones gym for a week or  sign up for the Y. We finally got the elliptical trainer fixed down in our basement so I have that and all my weights.

Still can't wait for spring or warmth of any type. I weigh about the same as I did before our big trip but that was still 2 pounds above where I want to be. 

Lots of Maya as school is out and Naomi has to work. She is starting to refuse her medication. She came here the other day unmedicated and was crazy running through the house at full speed slamming the doors. While the drugs kicked in, I tried to siphon the energy off by having her ride the Ziggle down in the basement. She eventually mellowed. Of the three big issues worrying me preventing any inner peace, one has been resolved; two remain.

I did see "Three Billboards in Ebbings, Missouri" Yeah I know, a silly title. I did like it though. Lots of complex issues and Frances McDormand was excellent. We subscribe to so many streaming services. Do I use them? Not often but as I have been confined here, maybe I will.

Have some trip planning to do which I keep putting off. I did spend the afternoon yesterday with a friend who is battling so many health and personal issues, my minor problems seems so trivial so I keep quiet about them.

I just saw a robin in my tree. What can it eat? It is so cold that only the woodpeckers have strong enough beaks to drill through the frozen suet cake though the blue jays certainly try. I do seem to have less variety than during the last winters. No nuthatches or titmice. Only 2 pairs of cardinals versus about 6. Would hate to be a bird or any living thing that must be outside.


1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Love your artglass.
And hope the issues can be resolved.

Followers

Blog Archive