Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Parc Guell

mural near Casa Vincens, about a mile away from Parc Guell
El Drac and I

Dragon back plaza. Half of it was closed to restoration












Inside one of Gaudis cottages used as a gift shop






one could buy a reproduction of a Gaudi chair




Casa Vincens was one of Gaudi's first buildings



the cruise ship landing was near our hotel




ceiling of the marketplace under the dragon plaza



our hotel about 6 miles away



interesting grill work in Gracia neighborhood 













Each day we seemed to take more and more photos. All of these were taken way before lunch. Madrid of course was very picture worthy but we spent hours in places where photos were not allowed.

I told myself years ago that if I ever got to Europe, the first place I'd go was to Barcelona and if I got there, I'd go to Parc Guell. I still have the souvenir El Drac on our wall from my first visit. So this would be my third visit to the park. They now charge admission and half of the plaza was closed due to restoration. As we went there in the morning, it was far less crowded than when I had gone there before. You couldn't take a photo of the dragon for all the kids piled on top of it. The park is quite big and I would have been happy to spend even more time walking the many paths but our time was limited and we had a full day planned. Before going to the east side of the city, we walked through the neighborhoods to get to Casa Vincens, which I loved and hadn't seen before. Then on to La Sagrada Familia. 

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Stunning!

Elephant's Child said...

Completely over the top, fascinating and fun.
Lovely to see a photo of you and Steve.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

This is my all time favorite park. Steve and I are not good at taking selfies but found some kind people willing to take our photo

Followers

Blog Archive