Wednesday, December 27, 2017

La Sagrada Familia

When I asked Steve what he wanted to see most on our trip, he said La Sagrada Familia. I hadn't gone inside before due to limited time and budget. It was special. The first photos are with my iPhone but due to its size, special lenses are required




This sort of has that Jesus as Mary Poppins vibe

down below



they had a video screen that showed parts of the church from where we could not go


the start of Steve's phots









as  you can see, we weren't alone














When will this church ever be done? Not in our life time

You will be pleased to know that after La Sagrada Familia, Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece though he left detailed plans, we slowed down considerably with the photo taking.

Yes it was marvelous. On to Montjuic

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Wow.
So much to see and absorb. I suspect you could go back time after time and always see something you had never noticed before.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Now I wish I had paid extra to travel up one of the towers as I could get closer to some of the mosaics but yes, the place was over the top.

Followers

Blog Archive