Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Back to school

I didn't realize the school mascot had a name. The nearby pond always had 3 herons and one egret. The last time I looked, the egrets seemed to be taking over
Maya didn't want to go to school today (stranger danger!) but was thrilled to sit next to her favorite boy. What percent is her school 'white'? 40 % Lots of Asians.

Off to kindergarten, 4th, and 2nd grade for just a half day
Hannah still isn't happy with me picking her up but doesn't mind the boys
Shanna's family
Well one kid out of 6 is looking at me
8 months old yesterday

The rain held off long enough for the kids to be tired of playing outside at our Labor Day BBQ yesterday so yay for that. Lots of kids running around which is fine though I kept trying to direct them to be either outside or in the basement. The girls played dress up as I have several costumes and fancy dresses for them. Should have taken a photo.

I had Maya for a while the day before. She kept asking for her cousins to come over. Each time I would reply, tomorrow. And then tomorrow came and she was playing 'shy' again.

Most of the changes have been positive due to my weight loss except one: postural hypotension. It's not a problem most of the time except when I've sitting around too much and then try to get up. I black out briefly but I hold on to something for a few seconds and I am fine. Yesterday I got up where there was nothing to hold on to and almost crumpled to the floor.

Days are shorter. I took off early Sunday covered with my flashers. It was too dark to even read my odometer though my trusty  Apple watch tracks all plus I know all the distances from my house. It started to rain. I briefly considered going back as it was a bit chilly but it stopped. Went through two flocks of turkeys. One of the turkeys was albino.  I am seeing more deer in my travels too. Today I came across a doe and her still spotted fawn. I guess she was late to deliver. And a whole flock of deer yesterday morning.

I now have pretty coral nails due to my Saturday night mani-pedi. Lots of others had the same idea so I had a wait. Sunday night I was at a friend's drinking wine and watching birds until it was dark, which is sadly earlier and earlier.

I am up to 27% proficiency in Spanish. I will see how far I can go before our big trip.


1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

No fair on the postural hypotension front. Though I have it without weight loss.

Followers

Blog Archive