Saturday, February 6, 2021

Half vaccinated

 

Oliver was allowed to finally return to in person school two days a week after almost a year at home. His siblings have been going on and off for the past month. Allie is in full time school. Maybe Maya will go back part time in a month. Such weird times we live in. My grandkids live in 3 different counties with differing rules
I am a light junkie. Can't wait to put these along my walkways. But until the ground melts, I have to wait
No school photos during the time of covid. They will make a yearbook from parent submitted ones
Also I try to have flowers inside forcing paper whites. Still have amaryllis in bloom, christmas cactus and some orchids ready to bloom
our big sky
looking towards the east Treetops glowing orange


This whole vaccination  scheme is such a pain. Steve is on various waiting lists but no word when he might be able to get one. He uses the same care provider system as I do. They sent me two notices. Was one meant for him? You aren't allowed to talk to them. We sent a note asking if they accidently gave me his slot. No reply. Meanwhile these vaccines are being made just 90 miles away by my former employer. Until he is vaccinated, our life continues to be on hold.

I had to go to the next county (same health system though) to get mine. They were well organized. My arm was sore the next day and I had the chills but soon felt fine.


I do hate these winter months. If the temp goes above freezing and it's not too windy I bike, almost 200 miles so far. I have not run outside as the dirt roads are ice slicks. I could run in the bike lane of the busy road which I have done other years but instead I am using our treadmill.


I am relieved that there is less of Trump but there are plenty of despicables jockeying to take his place. My favorite (not!) is that QNON idiot from Georgia. Turbulent times. 

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I hope you get the other half of your vaccine soon. And that Steve gets his. No vaccinations will take place here until late this month - and the order is still up in the air. I expect I will fall into the second or third tranche.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

I do have a firm appointment
for the second shot

Followers

Blog Archive