Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Planting season

 Since I have been back I have been busy dealing with the gardens. After a delayed spring, it finally came along with my summer birds

A pair of orchard orioles

Lots of pretty sunrises
The tulips weren’t eaten this year


Even the cranes marched through our yard
Hannah in the Plymouth Fountain 
Baltimore orioles. I have about ten. Eating lots of jelly 
Crocus 
Yard art
A few miles away a man planted thousands of daffodils. daffodil woods. He invited me on to his property. Lots of variety 

Gerber daisy




Bleeding hearts

Sunset 
Columbine 
One of two morels found on my property 
The girls playing 
New pot
New lawnmower. The first one we received was unusable After at least 6 visits from the store and numerous phone calls, they gave us one that worked
Lots of Maya. We watch her during her mom’s night classes.  Also on the weekends as her dad seems to be finding many reasons not to pick her up

Early morning double rainbow 

Cute bud vase from a local artist 



Some of my irises
Sunset

It’s been 2 months since I began this post and the gardens are in summer mode and look quite a bit different. I spend much too much time on them

I slowly recovered from my running injury and run at least 3 times a week. I also have been biking. No long bike rides this year. Instead I will canoe the boundary waters with some friends next week

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

On the other side of the world I am (still) planting for spring. I hope to see some of the beauties you have planted here.

Followers

Blog Archive