Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Amsterdam!

 We flew backwards to Chicago where we had a three hour layover. Fortunately all our flights were on time unlike some of our fellow cruisers. Airlines would arbitrarily cancel flights. We had the required negative Covid test and hard copies of a  five page Dutch entrance form that the Chicago airline scoured through even though the Dutch dropped all their requirements the day before. Neither of us slept much on the plane and the walking tour would be late in the day so I thought a canal tour was best. I had spent 4 days in Amsterdam a few years ago but Steve had never been. He had wanted to go back to the ship after the cruise but either we walked around now or never which woke him up. Meanwhile I was stressed because my phone carrier decided to give me an international plan and already charged me for two days. There was no way to opt out. I had turned off cellular data but it wasn’t until I was in airplane mode that charges stopped accumulating. We got them to reverse this when we got home






Inside O’Hare. The light tunnel
Approaching Ireland



3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

A city I would love to see. Not least for the Van Gogh museum.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Fortunately I was able to go to the Van
Gogh museum and many others on my last trip. This time we were here for only 8 hours or so and jet lagged

Anonymous said...

Beautiful the light tunnel at Chicago airport

Followers

Blog Archive