Monday, January 10, 2022

The plague years

 

We have been meeting for 42 years starting with our 4-6 month babies in a post partum support group. We always have a big Christmas party excepting last year. but not always in December because so many of us travel
It’s been cold and snowy. Deer tracks all around. They come up to our bedroom window at night. 
I love flowers. All my gardens are dead but I try to have a few things in bloom inside

Hannah turned five so she can get vaccinated now. Birthday party very sparsely attended due to Covid
For our get togethers I usually make dessert. This is a Buche de Noel with marzipan mushrooms and Italian cherries. The hard aspect is making a cake flexible to roll but success this time

I kept putting off my physical but I can’t get a refill on the one drug I need without one. Very annoyed to find the waiting room with a huge line  for the urgent care people. I am assuming most of them had Covid which is running rampant here. Maya’s school has been virtual due to the staff being sick but tentatively will be in person tomorrow 

The other grandkids are in different school districts that met in person but one of them brought Covid home with him and most of the family is infected fortunately not seriously. Hospital beds are full. What a mess! And it could have been prevented. The vaccines aren’t stopping Covid but for the most part keep people out of the hospital. If someone didn’t trust the science that was used to develop the vaccines then stay away from the hospitals 

Some crazy lady on Facebook the other day was going on how science proves masks don’t work as viruses are a hundred times smaller than the mask pore ( actually  smaller than that) Would you try to keep mosquitoes out of your yard with a chain link fence? But viruses don’t fly and they need to be propelled by water droplets which masks do stop And a dry virus is a dead virus 

I haven’t been outside to exercise much this year due to ice. Last year I injured myself on the treadmill going too fast so I was nervous about going on it again. I’m starting out slow. I also have an indoor bike and weights 

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Covid is going gangbusters here too. Fortunately we have a mask mandate and they MUST be worn indoors (unless you have and can prove a medical exemption). We are vaccinated, but very careful.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

The vaccines don’t prevent infection from omicron as my family was all vaccinated and boosted but got it anyway. But they are barely sick unlike the ‘free dumb” lovers clogging the hospitals
We can’t have mandates in our state anymore. Fortunately as long as we stay away from uneducated communities masks are worn
Maya’s school just was canceled yet again for lack of healthy staff

Followers

Blog Archive