Monday, October 4, 2021

Walnuts keep falling on my head

 

my mother in law right before she was diagnosed with covid
we went out to dinner for Allie.s 8th birthday on a beautiful fall night
Hannah enjoying her ice cream
beautiful fall sunrises  Probably nice sunsets too but by then I am too tired to get up to look at them
our house
puppy and granddaughter are getting bigger
Every year Grand Rapids used to have a big art fair They changed it to every two years but last year was Covid so I went back after 3 years Much smaller
Steve amid suspended rocks

iconic blue bridge
gerald ford museum
collection of primitive Presidential paintings each featuring one aspect of their term
hmmmmm
fountain of lights
I liked the dragon
repurposed instruments
I liked the gorilla


We are having Indian summer which extends my gardens and exercising outside For whatever reason, our area has a bumper crop of black walnuts. Even when it is calm I am showered with them falling when I run through the woods here. They are heavy  Also no fun to bike or run on top of their piles. Free food but very difficult to extract the meat. First the shell needs to be cracked with a hammer and the meat is embedded in black bitter goo.  I did this as a kid and my fingers were stained badly

We still have covid no thanks to the selfish, ignorant people who refuse to be vaccinated.  I did get my booster approved for us geezers on the first possible day  Steve's vaccine is not approved yet but presumably lasts longer than mine. We are travelling to Hungary in less than 2 weeks and muct show a PCR negative test that is less than 72 hours old. Must be a hard copy so timing will be tricky as it takes a day to travel and test results can take 2 days  We have to schedule this well in advance  Around the time I got my first va ccine, there were free testing facilities all over Not anymore  Maya's class was quarantined for a week since a classmate had it so back to zoom school, a pain for working parents especially single ones like Naomi who has gone back to school.
 Turned out impossible to find one in 48 hours but she ended up buying a test kit  Again, tough given her circumstances. Fortunately they accepted it. My childhood friend who was hospitalized with Covid did survive but was too tired to tell anyone  I had assumed she died but she is alive. Her Trump poisoned sister kept trying to stop her from being treated as she thought the hospital had an interest increasing the Covid death rate. Again no logic.  I did find out that FEMA will reimburse us for part of my mother in law's funeral expenses as she died ofCovid  We will see in a couple months.

The country is becoming more and more divided. What I found in my Facebook feed today

"No society ever thrived because it had a large and growing class of parasites living off those who produce" Thomas Sewell

At least nobody like it but I am thinking of defriending her
as I believe pretty much the opposite. Really sounds like something Hitler would say and we know how he defined parasites.

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Some wonderful captures.
And yes, a huge sigh at that quote which emphatically doesn't speak for me.
No travelling overseas for us yet.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

if I knew we would be still virus infested I would have postponed the trip for the third time I stupidly thought with the vaccines, this would be gone by now The ignorance of my fellow Americans still stuns me

Followers

Blog Archive