Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Fall

 

View from my backsteps
fall brings nice sunrises
foosball tournament I found this table in the trash. Just needed balls Kids like it Will take down to basement
half my kohlrabi crop. Roasted it with garlic


Found this wavy petunia basket in trash Nursed it back to health
peacocks on my bike ride
Kids first day of school All the grandkids need masks and not many fights about them in their district. However, crazy asshole parents in Trump uneducated surrounding districts urge kids to rip them off and scream at kids who wear masks. How I hate these people!!! Bus drivers and in some districts, teachers are quitting rather than be screamed at all the time, threatened with guns etc. So in many districts, no more buses.


A good friend living in the South was hospitalized for ten days with Covid. She is an activity director in a nursing home so I assumed she was vaccinated but her covid was so severe, I wonder. As she was battling for her life, I didn't ask. I did talk to her although between her crying and the high flow oxygen mask, I couldn't understand her other than she was very much afraid of dying.

Yeah I know. I said if you get Covid and didn't get vaccinated, tough luck to you. Furthermore, all your medical expenses shouldn't be comped. But did I want my friend to die if she refused vaccination? No. But if she was vaccinated and got such a severe case, that's very scary. Other than being somewhat overweight, she was healthy. She is recovering.


I want that third shot now. Just being old isn't good enough here. I will have to stretch the truth a bit I see.

Fall is pretty but it makes me sad as the days get shorter and shorter and I know winter that I hate so much, is coming.


Today Steve and I will take a little trip for fun, first in a long time

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Most (but not all) of the people who are catching the dread disease here are unvaccinated. Most (but again not all) of the people who wind up in hospital with it are also unvaccinated.

Followers

Blog Archive