Sunday, June 21, 2020

The maskless


Moonflower. Blossoms last only a day but I usually get a new one every day
Turkeys on my ride
 hummer in our delphiniums
Still enjoying these
Northern flicker


still not a fan of new blogger and its icons. At least I now know how to make images bigger. How to format paragraphs? Who knows.

Every day I think Trump can't do  anything more stupid yet then he does. He insisted on having a rally indoors, masks optional Of course the true believers would never wear a mask. Their leader doesn't. He wanted it completely full. Much more people registered on line than showed up. I think he was a victim of bots Still I am sure disease will be spread. If only if it could be confined to the idiots in the audience and if only they will refuse medical attention.. He missed the adulation. Mindless people cheering him. Such an egomanic!!

Talks about opening the schools in the fall here in Michigan are in progress. A friend has a daughter in high school. Some parents upon hearing that masks might be required wondered if they could have 'maskless' rooms for kids who don't believe in them.

Wearing a mask has taken a lot more meaning than just a step towards improving public health. The maskless claim it it is their constitutional right to spread disease. Mask wearing is very dependent on where you are. Ann Arbor is almost 100% compliant. Less so the closer you get to MAGA land which I will stay out of .

Motorcyclists no longer need to wear helmets claiming their body, their rights. Fine as long as we don't have to pay for repairing your mangled body though an accident would more likely to be fatal and there is a possibility of organ donation  so I guess that choice doesn't impactt he public so negatively. But spreading the virus around because you are too whatever to wear a mask is just so irresponsible and it keeps the economy down even longer aside from putting others at risk.

I have been spending hours gardening even though the weather has been especially hot and dry. I am done. I have been biking alot and running on the few cool mornings we have. I even went out twice to have fun with friends. We sat on a balcony for hrs while the firefires lit up the sky. Beautiful.

We were supposed to have our fist rain in ten days here today on Father's Day. We planned to bbq right when the rain was supposed to hit. Will it hold off?


1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Love the beauty you share.
I have yet to do much in new blogger. I will have to try. Soon.
My only hope is that those at the rally only infect each other. Sadly I know that is not possible.

Followers

Blog Archive