Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Swept away

We have been geeting pretty sunrises quite often. As it is so hot, I must exercise before the sun comes up

we gave Hannah the balance bike. It has no pedals. She still doesn't have the hang of it but enjoys tryuing

the day we visited them was cold and windy though s is comfortable with no sleeves. As we aren't allowed inside, we left

found this flapping on the ground Eastern Swallowtail

I do have a few irises though only a fraction of what I had before. All my tulips became deer food

Some of the bleeding hearts were destroyed by a very late frost
We went from freezing to unbearably hot just like that. Due to Covid, it has been hard getting things done in a timely matter. No water for the sprinklers until a few days. Watering the few plants I have has been a pain though I can turn on the hose, with Steve's help to water some stuff. Although we had a forecast of five days of rain in a row, this never happened.. Our yard is such a mess, the gardens dead and so much work to be done, I had a difficult time getting started choosing just to have a pity party instead. Finally last week I got started clearing out the vegetable patch for new vegetables, planting them, clearing our numerous beds of unbelievable amounts of weeds. I have spent hours out there hampered by extreme heat and humidity and still have plenty to do. But they do look a bit better and most of the summer bulbs are in. The lawn mower guy finally could fix the mower and the weed killer guy finally could come to get rid of the weeds in the lawn.

Still it is hard to enjoy myself even though I know our situation is so much better than so many. For instance, my ex-son-in-law. Torrential rain last week (that seemed to miss just a small area surrounding us) caused two different dams to burst in upper Michigan. He was ordered to evacuate a week ago. I still don't know if he has been allowed to return to assess the damage. There is no working sewage system for starters. One town of 700 had every building destroyed. No one had flood insurance as they didn't think they needed it. Until they did.

I try to stop listening to Covid news. It seems hopeless unless that vaccine comes along sooner than later. And so many are happy to pretend that the virus doesn't exist or that they are immune from it.

Trump is now saying he will pull out of the state holding the Republican convention if they can't have full capacity. Such an idiot. He visited our state and a factory but refused to wear a mask  as he thinks it makes him look stupid.

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Trump is of course wrong. Again. Not wearing a mask confirms his stupidity. And his lack of concern for other people.

Snowbrush said...

"He visited our state and a factory but refused to wear a mask  as he thinks it makes him look stupid."
Well, you wouldn't want a stupid looking president, would you? God almighty, that would be horrible!

I haven't seen a sunrise in many a year except for times that I took Peggy to the airport.
Last week, western Oregon had daytime highs around sixty. This week, we're in the upper eighties.

Followers

Blog Archive