Monday, October 14, 2019

Leaving on a jet plane...

Hannah with her other grandmother. She spent last night in the ER
Her sister was doing somersaults and a heel ended up hitting Hannah in the  mouth causing teeth to go through the lip and chin. A plastic surgeon was called in the middle of the night

my witch  I put up Halloween decorations for the grandkids
How hard is it to plan a trip? I kept putting it off and off. We got fairly cheap tickets to Munich which is very close to Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Liechtenstein, Czech Republic and Slovakia. Can't see them all so we are doing a loop that includes Salzburg, Cesky Krumlov, Prague,Regensburg and Munich. We will travel by train though we will do a van between Salzburg and Cesky Krumlov. If it were up to me, I would do air b and bs but Steve was not happy with some of them last time. First snafu, I accidentally booked a van for 2020. By the time I got that settled, the price had gone up considerably unless I wanted to go much later. No,I wanted to be in Cesky Krumlov, which news to me, uses different money than euros despite being part of the EU.

New country for me:Czech Republic though we only walked across the border into Austria at the Brenner Pass so I don't know if that counts. We have been in the western part of Germany but not in Bavaria.

I think I know enough German now to get around. Czech however is a very difficult language. Even finding things on the map seem impossible but I look forward most of all to Prague. We are staying in the New City (Stare Nove) which Steve seemed disappointed but lots of Art Deco buildings, which I love. And it is not all that new being founded in 1350 or so. They have the Dancing building designed by Gehry. They call it Ginger and Fred. We will be staying near there.

Hope I have everything
Auf wiedersehen


1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Poor Hannah. I hope she is ok.
Enjoy your trip.

Followers

Blog Archive