Friday, July 12, 2019

the Big 4-0

these are half of the forty balloons floating around t hose. Kids took most of them home

cool planter

Surprised honoreee


Hannah and Steve's sister

grandchildren piled together with Shanna  All we see is Maya's hair

Tessa and Maya

last lunch

Aside from gardening, pond cleaning, bicycling, I was also arranging a surprise party for my daughter.  I was going to be gone on her actual birthday so we had it the weekend before to increase the surprise. I did tell her that I was having her family over for a birthday dinner but she and her family would be the only guests. I anticipated and prepared food for 26 people though a few didn't come until later. I did attempt to clean up the place though one guest was overheard saying something about my patio being disgusting.  I bought two bouquets of flowers though one faded very quickly.

Steve's sister was flying in from the west coast his brother from the east coast though storms in prevented him from coming until the next day. Guests parked around the corner down the street so Shanna would not know immediately something was up. Her aunt would surprise her after she saw the local guests.  So the surprise was a success. She was surprised. I had discussed plans before hand with her husband. I was afraid he would tell the kids. Oliver was sad he wasn't let in on the secret.  I had hoped we could eat on the patio and arranged for that (cleaning it up albeit it temporarily against the constant birds  their debris) but it was extra hot and humid that day. The kids played outside though so it so it was a bit less crowded.

The next few days were spend entertaining and going out. The kids had one dinner alone with their aunt and uncle while we had some of the kids. It was a good time. I think Shanna was happy.

We bought too much food. I thought we would eat in more so since I will leave soon, I spent a lot of time making dishes of it that could be frozen yesterday. I hate waste.

What am I doing being on the computer when I should be packing?  I usually am exercising but as I can barely walk due to a very sore hip, running is out I think I will be able to bike my 280 miles though hopefully,  Naomi will be with me for some of the time she likes being on the water. We will be just above the thumb on the so called sunrise side, which is much less visited and populated. It will be hot

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

A guest commented on the state of your patio? That would be their last invite from me. Unless of course they offered to clean it up for me.
I am surprised that your hip hinders walking but allows you to cycle. Take care.

Followers

Blog Archive