Monday, May 13, 2019

Orioles/oreos

Some of my visitors. I have maybe ten. So far they have consumed two jars of jelly and numerous oranges. A catbird is to the far left. They love fruit too

Pretty. Most of the orioles are Baltimore orioles but yesterday I had the much rarer chestnut colored orchard oriole. He was somewhat smaller Alas no photo

They have been eaten suet too. She is doing battle with a woodpecker

Blurry selfie of us watching All my Sons at the Purple Rose. A fun night

Crouching life sized tiger at the local art studio which had a show this weekend

The parking lot is decorated with lots of statues

including this life sized giraffe

my purchase. I like him even though Steve thinks it is missing a hind end

Josh and his family took me here for Mother's Day

Sadly not my photo as I was too lazy to stop when I saw a tom all puffed up. This tom is about two miles away in a friend's yard

Cute stepping stone from Shanna for Mother's Day

As I was picking up Maya from school last week I told her that we had orioles. Good she said. They are her favorite cookie.

No, the orange birds. They come each May.
They were late this year but soon a flock descended so I spend much time refilling jelly cups.

Scan anxiety redux: I get a mammogram once a year and dread it as it never, never goes smoothly.Usually multiple scans are necessary. Sometimes biopsies  But I was sent home after a minimum of scans the other day with them saying they will call if there is a problem. What? I usually get the appointment that has the radiologist read the results then and there but I messed up or they did so I have to wait. What are the chances I will have to make another trip? About 100% though the tech says the scan was 'good' meaning it lined up perfectly with last year's. I have learned their idea of 'good' is quite a bit different from mine. Good for me is no sign of tumors. Good for them is we see the tumors loud and clear. So I get a long period of anxiety.

And for extra fun, my surgery was not approved by my insurance. My chances of getting a particular lethal kind of cancer in my current condition is 20% versus 1% for the rest of the population. I am appealing as I know it is covered in other states and was mandated in particular by the AHC. 

so lots of running and biking for me. Yesterday I heard the most unusual combination of birds. On one side of the road were the sandhill cranes croaking their prehistoric cry; on the other side peacocks

In 8 days I'm off to Holland. Will I get everything done before then? Will my friend survive until I get back. She fills her days seeing everyone she has ever known. She is at home with hospice visiting regularly. She is so calm about this.




2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Our mammograms always work that way. Have the scan and go away and wait for a call.
Love your orioles. And your new statue.
Sigh on the medical test front.
Have fun in Holland.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip, Sue!
Kris

Followers

Blog Archive